1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fasted Processor For P965 Chipset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sithtiger, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sithtiger

Sithtiger Thread Starter

What's the fastest and/or most advanced processor that can run on an Intel P965 chipset? I have an Asus P5B-E and I'm wondering what is the fastest CPU I can slap in there. Currently I have a C2Q Q6600 but I might be upgrading and want to know what I can put in there.....thanks!

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. Compiler

Compiler

Consider this thou... its an older chipset board. Its working very well now? The real-world difference for a faster Core2 isn't all that much. A Q6600 is pretty hight already... and if you can OC it a bit... even better.

4. Sithtiger

Sithtiger Thread Starter

Thanks guys...and I agree there's very little difference between the Q6600 and the Q9650. I think I'll wait a couple years to upgrade and just buy a new mobo, RAM and video card....the works. Maybe I can just slap a new vid card in next year. The GeForce GTX 260 (new variant) should be nice and cheap by around June of next year.....something to tide me over until 2010 for a full upgrade. Thanks again!

5. Compiler

Compiler

yeah... Currently you can buy intel's latest 6-core CPU, but you'll need about $3000 for the CPU alone at this time. In two years, about $200. ;)

You have an 8800GTX, so even by todays standards - its still a high-end card... it's just been replaced by today's $150 video cards ;) In two years, these will be considered junky $50 cards that can play Crysis in medium detail...

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice