1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fax and Dialer won't use Int'l access code

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Sabreur, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabreur

Sabreur Thread Starter

My laptop (Dell Latitude D620, XP SP2) does not use the International access code (eg 00 from most of the world) when dialing an international number. It uses the correct country code (eg 33 for France) and it uses the correct long distance code for in-country calls (eg 0). It also removes the + symbol from the contacts list, it just does not replace the + with 00

Not sure if this a new problem as I have only just added the fax transport. tries uninstall and reinstall to no avail. The only way I can send an international fax is to disable dialing rules and enter the complete number.

Anybody come across this before, I've checked the MS KB but can't find anyting there.

2. Sabreur

Sabreur Thread Starter

In case anybody stumbles on this with the same problem, I have found a fix. It would appear that there is a typo in the registry. The key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Telephony\Country List\33

has a Value = "InternationalRule" with data ="SEFG"

This should be "S00EFG" ie the international access code 00 is missing.

I have checked this on 2 or 3 other machnes and they are all the same. I can't believe that I am the only the only Brit trying to fax from France.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice