Solved: FCC ID Driver Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DamienSynS

I was given a free Wireless LAN PCMCIA Card but I can't install it. I plug it into my computer and it says found new hardware but I do not have the cd for it or anything. My computer cant ever download the driver for it. I didn't even have a clue of the company of the card till yesterday I looked EVERYWHERE without any luck... I finally went to google and typed in a lot of stuff that is on the card, I saw a picture of a card that looked just like it on the front. The only difference is the picture had the logo on the front of the card and mine doesnt. Anyways it said ZINITEL. I looked every where on that site for drivers and I looked every where online for the driver with no luck.

All I know is it might be ZINITEL
IEEE 802.11g
Wireless LAN PCMCIA Card
WLAN 11g Cardbus

I have a windows xp
dell inspiron 5160

Anybody help me here? lol

DamienSynS

I was given a free Wireless LAN PCMCIA Card but I can't install it. I plug it into my computer and it says found new hardware but I do not have the cd for it or anything. My computer cant ever download the driver for it. I didn't even have a clue of the company of the card till yesterday I looked EVERYWHERE without any luck... I finally went to google and typed in a lot of stuff that is on the card, I saw a picture of a card that looked just like it on the front. The only difference is the picture had the logo on the front of the card and mine doesnt. Anyways it said ZINITEL. I looked every where on that site for drivers and I looked every where online for the driver with no luck.

All I know is it might be ZINITEL
IEEE 802.11g
Wireless LAN PCMCIA Card
WLAN 11g Cardbus

I have a windows xp
dell inspiron 5160

Anybody help me here? lol

DamienSynS

I have been trying to download this driver for ages. I think I finally found the manufacturer cause it doesnt say on the card. I went to the realtek website and tried to download the driver from there, but when the installation was done the card still didnt work and the realtek driver didnt seem to find the card. Maybe its not realtek? But I dont see how thats possible when the picture on the website looks exactly like my card and everything on that site matches the card except the manufacturer but thats only because it doesnt say on my card. Anyways hopefully somebody can help me, I've been at this for days.

http://www.ccandc.com.tw/product/wl-2100-v3.htm

Model Name WL-2100-V3
Chipset Realtek RTL8185
Product Name Wireless LAN 11b/g CardBus

Oh and here is my computer information if you need it

I am running Windows XP Home Edition
on a Dell Inspiron 5160 Laptop

DamienSynS

I tried the second link and downloaded that file but still doesnt work. I dont really know what driver to install out of those on the dell support site, none of them look like they match my WLAN cardbus

DamienSynS

The computer and the card were given to me as a gift but no installation cd came with the card.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Looks like you may have to registry at that website to download.

Also, is there an exact model on the back of the card?

DamienSynS

I dont think so. The only things I see are the FCC ID and it says S/N: followed by a bunch of numbers. I'm pretty sure its a realtek, not a zinitel. RealTEK RTL8185 but when I found that driver it still didnt work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online