1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fed Up With Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Donwan, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Donwan

Donwan Thread Starter

Not always but lots of times when on a website within I.E. I click a forwarding link I get a freeze job and I have to "End Task" to get out of I.E. and back to Desk Top. This is frustrating and I would like to resolve the problem. I have removed and reinstalled I.E. but it did not change anything. I have run malware checks with no infections indicated. I have run Norton "quick check" with no virus shown. Any thoughts anybody. (be glad to supply HJT if that might help).

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

Try Mozilla Firefox and see if you note the same things as that would be a help to us. As for scans what did you use to determine you are clean?

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

3. JKingsnorth

JKingsnorth

I agree, I started using FireFox when it very first came out and its the only thing I use. Also if you dont like FireFox, Google has come out with a browser called Chrome its pretty cool try that.

4. Donwan

Donwan Thread Starter

My malware scan was with Malware Bytes-Malware, a free download and I used Norton AV for virus scan. I do not have the problem with Firefox. I suppose I could forget about I.E. and just use FF but it bugs me that I can't fix I.E. Thanks.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Have you tried to reset the default settings in "Tools", "Advanced"?
    You can also download and install Superantispyware (www.superantispyware.com) and run that also for spyware and it has some repair tools for Windows functions and browser resets in "Preferences", "Repairs" you can run also.

6. Donwan

Donwan Thread Starter

Yes I did reset default settings as one of my original attempts to solve my problem. I ran your Superspyware program and tried I. E. again and couldn't duplicate my problem. But as mentioned before, the problem isn't consistent. I do like your superspyware free download and I thank you for that. I am going to mark this post "solved" and observe for a while. If I continue with the problem I will re-post. Thanks for your effort.

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Glad to do it and remember those repair tools are there in Sas Preferences if it occurs again.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756341

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice