Solved: Fed Up With Internet Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Donwan

Not always but lots of times when on a website within I.E. I click a forwarding link I get a freeze job and I have to "End Task" to get out of I.E. and back to Desk Top. This is frustrating and I would like to resolve the problem. I have removed and reinstalled I.E. but it did not change anything. I have run malware checks with no infections indicated. I have run Norton "quick check" with no virus shown. Any thoughts anybody. (be glad to supply HJT if that might help).

I agree, I started using FireFox when it very first came out and its the only thing I use. Also if you dont like FireFox, Google has come out with a browser called Chrome its pretty cool try that.

Donwan

My malware scan was with Malware Bytes-Malware, a free download and I used Norton AV for virus scan. I do not have the problem with Firefox. I suppose I could forget about I.E. and just use FF but it bugs me that I can't fix I.E. Thanks.

Have you tried to reset the default settings in "Tools", "Advanced"?
You can also download and install Superantispyware (www.superantispyware.com) and run that also for spyware and it has some repair tools for Windows functions and browser resets in "Preferences", "Repairs" you can run also.

Donwan

Yes I did reset default settings as one of my original attempts to solve my problem. I ran your Superspyware program and tried I. E. again and couldn't duplicate my problem. But as mentioned before, the problem isn't consistent. I do like your superspyware free download and I thank you for that. I am going to mark this post "solved" and observe for a while. If I continue with the problem I will re-post. Thanks for your effort.

Glad to do it and remember those repair tools are there in Sas Preferences if it occurs again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online