Solved: File access problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ally31

Have a PC which has failed - motherboard gone. Have removed the drive to rescue data and have used a 'Magic Bridge' to connect it to another desktop. When trying to access the users documents folder it says access denied message. Most folders are accessible but this one is not. Is there any way of accessing these files.?
:(

ally31

Thanks for that - I haven't got a security tab to select.?? Running XP home edition?

NO

but you have to start in safemode if you are running xp home
then you will be able to see the security tab

joan

ally31

Thanks for advice - I perssevered and it did work in safe mode. Is there a simpler method to get access to all the files?? Currently I am having to go to every folder,document etc to allow access. Is there a way of doing this freom the top down.?? From my knowledge I don't think there is but worth asking.??

Did you perhaps miss part of Step 4 in the MS article?

If you do that on the top folder, it will be applied to everything inside that folder.

Jerry

ally31

Thanks TheOutcaste.Appears I did miss that bit. Will try that soon and post result..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online