Solved: File and Print sharing button missing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lifted

Hi folks , I have a compaq prosignia win 98. In network neighborhood, There is supposed to be a "file and Print sharing" button at the bottom. It is not there anymore. It used to be. How do I get it back. When I go to add services, it says I am restricted from adding this service. What gives?

lifted said:
Hi folks , I have a compaq prosignia win 98. In network neighborhood, There is supposed to be a "file and Print sharing" button at the bottom. It is not there anymore.

if you go into network, in the control panel the you should find file/printer sharing in there.

lifted

I am already in network neighborhood properties. That's where it's missing. is that where you mean?

lifted said:
I am already in network neighborhood properties. That's where it's missing. is that where you mean?
network neighborhood is a icon you have double clicked on your desktop i take it ,

network is icon in the control panel, start/settings/control panel/ network.

lifted

In either place, Desktop or In control panel, there is no file and print sharing button

lifted

Thanks alot , Flounder22, The Microsoft site worked. Microsoft , however, made one mistake. They said to goto H_key Local machine, when, in actuality you find what they're referring to in H_key Current User. Thanks so much for your help. , Lifted

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts