1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: File tansfer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by eyestones, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eyestones

eyestones Thread Starter

I have an old phone that I need to get pictures off of. I have them on a SIM card and have a wireless printer with a slot for the card. How can I transfer them to my computer?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1014 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 251064 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NF743
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. C141

C141

3. ChuckE

ChuckE

Your SIM card (Subscriber Identifier Module) is not where pictures would be. The SIM is what identifies your account number to the GSM phone network service (Verizon and Sprint are the two bigger US phone services that use CDMA, and no SIM card). You can usually move a SIM card between various phones for that same phone service and the new phone will be the new "home" to your phone number. The number moves with the SIM card.

Your phone, using a SIM card may give you the option to store your contacts in either the phone's memory, or the limited SIM card. If you use the SIM card it makes your contacts accessible on that new phone, but most times the SIM list will not be as versatile at the phone's capability (which usually have multi-phone numbers and addresses and even separate ring tones possibilities, and even contact pictures).

A better transportable contact list that would move to new phones, plus having contact pictures, multiple numbers, dates, even notes, is to not use either the SIM card or the phone's memory. Instead use something like Google contacts, or possibly Facebook (not sure if it can do it all).

But, back to your original issue, it isn't the SIM card that holds the pictures, but the memory card in your phone; which may be removable and readable in another device (like a computer or another phone).

If the memory is not removable then usually you can find a cable which will allow your phone to connect to your computer to transfer files and pictures.

Good luck.

4. HerFavCereal

HerFavCereal

The proper procedure also depends on the kind of phone you have. Is it a phone that can connect to a computer's USB port? If so, like ChuckE previously stated, you can use a USB cord to connect your phone to any computer and exchange the picture files that way.

However, if it's a phone that doesnt have a USB port, I would suggest texting the pictures to a close friend or family member and having them email the pictures to you.

Hope I helped!

- HerFavCereal

"I have an old phone that I need to get pictures off of. I have them on a SIM card and have a wireless printer with a slot for the card. How can I transfer them to my computer?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 1014 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 251064 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NF743
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice