Solved: file wont delete, even with MoveOnBoot grrr

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

paulb100

stupid bloody firmware update I sent my uncle is called
MYS6WIN.EXE.EXE
for some reason it made shortcut of it next to it on desktop, i deleted the actual EXE.EXE file and now when i try to delete the shortcut I get "file does not exist" and when ever i click on something AFTER that a popup comes up saying "the source and destination filenames are the same" it doesnt matter what i try it will not delete

ive tried changing filenames (it wont let me says the file does not exist) ive then created a new .exe file that its looking for which lets me then delete the shortcut but then when i try to delete the .exe file the whoe thing starts over again

ive tried MOVE ON BOOT and IOBIT's 360 UNLOCK & DELETE option to no success

Iam totally sick of this file and feel like throwing the computer at the wall lol

can anyone help with this? I cant understand WHY its happened anyway? - if its any help I was wondering why the file had double extension on end... ive also noticed that the original file had about 30 blank spaces after the last .EXE too...??? it was downloaded from SONY's website

thanks

paulb100

thanks it worked a treat, i already had an ubuntu disk so just shoved it in...

thanks very much :)

Thats kind of funny, you can use a Linux CD to fix Windows problems, but you cannot use a Windows CD to fix Linux problems...

Glad you got it sorted out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online