1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: file wont delete, even with MoveOnBoot grrr

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by paulb100, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

stupid bloody firmware update I sent my uncle is called
    MYS6WIN.EXE.EXE
    for some reason it made shortcut of it next to it on desktop, i deleted the actual EXE.EXE file and now when i try to delete the shortcut I get "file does not exist" and when ever i click on something AFTER that a popup comes up saying "the source and destination filenames are the same" it doesnt matter what i try it will not delete

ive tried changing filenames (it wont let me says the file does not exist) ive then created a new .exe file that its looking for which lets me then delete the shortcut but then when i try to delete the .exe file the whoe thing starts over again

ive tried MOVE ON BOOT and IOBIT's 360 UNLOCK & DELETE option to no success

Iam totally sick of this file and feel like throwing the computer at the wall lol

can anyone help with this? I cant understand WHY its happened anyway? - if its any help I was wondering why the file had double extension on end... ive also noticed that the original file had about 30 blank spaces after the last .EXE too...??? it was downloaded from SONY's website

thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

thanks will do

4. paulb100

paulb100 Thread Starter

thanks it worked a treat, i already had an ubuntu disk so just shoved it in...

thanks very much :)

5. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Thats kind of funny, you can use a Linux CD to fix Windows problems, but you cannot use a Windows CD to fix Linux problems...

Glad you got it sorted out.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice