1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Files & folder

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by parvez9988, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. parvez9988

parvez9988 Thread Starter

Hi every one

I have a small prb.actually,If a user is accessing a file which is in sharing, and at the same time other user want's to access that file he will get read-only by default.(in same network).
    How can I give tht permission,we use XP service pack 3.pls help me out.

thx and regards
    Parvez

2. allenkc

allenkc

You have to set this up for every file. For example, in Excel (since you didn't say what type of file it was), you open the file and under tools you click share workbook. After saving this will allow the other person the ability to change it at the same time.

3. parvez9988

ya thx buddy i have solved that problem,I iam in domain and the file that I used for sharing is open office which is in .xls format.
    anyways thax for u r reply.

If u want to help me you could suggest me why in .xls format dosn't get readonly and why .ods format gets readonly in sharing when one file is accesses by different users at a time.

4. parvez9988

hi everyone.
    The proble is solved and it is been solved by my self i dont get lot of help form tech guy.

Thx everyone

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice