Solved: Files in External HDD not showing up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MPPT

Hi,
Certain files and folders in my External HDD don't show up if I try to view them anywhere other than my laptop. Even after I've checked the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' radio button. When I plug it into my laptop the folders show up but faintly. When I clicked folder properties on one of the folders, under the General Tab, the Atributes, showed the folder as Hidden. But this option was greyed out. How do I remove the Hidden attribute of this folder?
Please help!

MPPT

Did a search and found the answer on this website itself! I'm sorry i didn't search earlier. The solution, as provided by user 'the devil himself' is as below:

"Hmm... i Think That windows is treating the folder as a system folder

Download "febooti fileTweak" and install it - http://www.febooti.com/downloads/

Right Click on your Folder you want to remove hidden attribute ... then Go to "Attributes" Tab .. and Uncheck "System""

Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online