1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Files on momery card read: .HPE, .TMP, .MMT

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by kuh_sawn_draw, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kuh_sawn_draw

kuh_sawn_draw Thread Starter

So, I can access some of the pictures on my memory card, but not all of them. Most of them are coming up as HPE, .TMP, .MMT (no idea what these are!) and I can not preview them, or copy and paste them. The file names look like DQAL.MMT
    instead of the regular DSCN. The file properties say that the size is 0 :(
    Any pictures I take after these ones, I can view no problem.

I have attached a print screen of the "images" and their properties.

Any ideas as to what happened and how/ if I can get these files back?

Thanks,
    -Cassandra

Attached Files:

2. PopPicker

PopPicker

He there, I'm sorry to say that your card has become corrupt. If you want to try and rescue those images you'll need to obtain some image rescue software, just do a google search. I use THIS ONE. If you'd rather, some camera/photo shops will offer this service too.

Do not delete or take anymore photos until you've rescued it.

Once rescued save all your images to your computer and reformat the card.

Corruptions like this can happen when removing the card from the camera while it's still turned on or saving a photo. Or disconnecting the camera from the computer when it's still on, without using the 'safely remove hardware' option. It can also happen if the battery compartment is opened when the camera is on or during an operation. Or... and this is where I have problems, removing a card from a card reader when it hasn't finished an operation. (I slap my wrists everytime)

Good luck

PP

3. kuh_sawn_draw

Thanks Bunches.

4. kuh_sawn_draw

It worked, my pictures are safe and sound! :)
    AMAZING!

5. PopPicker

PopPicker

Excellent news, you can mark this thread as 'solved' by clicking on thread tools.

PP

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice