Solved: Files on momery card read: .HPE, .TMP, .MMT

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kuh_sawn_draw

So, I can access some of the pictures on my memory card, but not all of them. Most of them are coming up as HPE, .TMP, .MMT (no idea what these are!) and I can not preview them, or copy and paste them. The file names look like DQAL.MMT
instead of the regular DSCN. The file properties say that the size is 0 :(
Any pictures I take after these ones, I can view no problem.

I have attached a print screen of the "images" and their properties.

Any ideas as to what happened and how/ if I can get these files back?

Thanks,
-Cassandra

Attachments

He there, I'm sorry to say that your card has become corrupt. If you want to try and rescue those images you'll need to obtain some image rescue software, just do a google search. I use THIS ONE. If you'd rather, some camera/photo shops will offer this service too.

Do not delete or take anymore photos until you've rescued it.

Once rescued save all your images to your computer and reformat the card.

Corruptions like this can happen when removing the card from the camera while it's still turned on or saving a photo. Or disconnecting the camera from the computer when it's still on, without using the 'safely remove hardware' option. It can also happen if the battery compartment is opened when the camera is on or during an operation. Or... and this is where I have problems, removing a card from a card reader when it hasn't finished an operation. (I slap my wrists everytime)

Good luck

PP

Excellent news, you can mark this thread as 'solved' by clicking on thread tools.

PP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online