1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Finding/editing an image

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by dotty999, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    I've searched Google for this image that was sent to me a few years ago as it reminds me very much of my dear Cassie and Jake who both passed away, sadly I couldn't find it, I saved it on my old computer as my desktop pic and would love to have it on my Windows7 laptop, can anyone remove the icons or find the original image for me? I'd be deeply grateful for any help :)

Attached Files:

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

Icropped the image to exclude the icons. Trying to remove them can be done but would be a bit more work.... maybe someone else is up for that challenge.

Attached Files:

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    Photoshops content aware saved some of the extra work Ziggy mentioned .. Maybe this is a little better .. (I had some time)
    When taking the screen shot, it would have helped a little if you raised your screen resolution to something higher than 1024x768

Attached Files:

4. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    thank you both! I've set the resolution to 1280 x 800 and it looks fine, the screenshot was from an image I'd saved from my desktop pc, I hadn't thought about it being different on my laptop, my mistake!:eek:

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    If you took the screen shot from the old desktop ... and you can still run it ....
    It needs to have the higher screen resolution ... if the monitor can go higher.
    There should be a way to find the original image in the desktop .. But I don't know where Bill hid it

6. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    1280 x 800 is the highest res on my laptop, the original was 1024x768

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    1024x768 is a 4:3 aspect ratio .... It may not look right ????
    1280x800 is a 16:10 aspect ratio .. Try this one

Attached Files:

8. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    yes that looks slightly better!

9. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    All my desktop icons are on the top or left ...
    I could clear out some room for your icons if I knew where they were and if you had a similar arrangement ???
    A screen shot would tell me

10. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    here it is:)

Attached Files:

11. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    See if this one looks better ..

Attached Files:

12. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    there's not a lot in it as far as the image goes but it certainly looks much neater, the icons look much better and don't take up as much space, the overall look is much sharper, thanks!:)(y)

13. ChuckE

ChuckE

I searched through a thousand, or more, pictures on Google (Images) hoping to find that same image, but I was not successful, or perhaps I even just overlooked it.

But you said that the image was sent to you, and it reminds you of your departed cats. That tells me that the image you had was not exactly your cats, only two that were very close to what you had.

Now, not to minimize what you have lost, and I also have lost some very precious pets (dogs) in my life, but there may be another image "out there" that will also closely match what you had. So, I suggest that you spend a little time in perusing the massive image database that Google has. Many people don't realize that Google has many thousands, millions, of images and are there for your own viewing pleasure.

Also, some people may not realize just how to quickly review images. Hopefully I have setup this LINK (click here) that will set up your browser to see the images close to what I see. I have included a snap of my browser screen here so, hopefully, you will get an idea about what your should be seeing.

I do hope you find either your lost image, or a suitable cleaned up image of yours, or perhaps you can ask the person who sent you the original image, they might still have it around. If all that fails, perhaps the link I have included here will help you find another close match for you.

If you find a suitable image then you should open that link to the image and follow your browser's steps to download and save the image to your computer. Since I have no idea of your browser or version, and all of them have their own ways of downloading images, I'll not detail any steps here. Just good luck in trying to find an image that brings back fond memories for you.

Attached Files:

14. dotty999

dotty999 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dotty
    I've searched Google but didn't find anything like it, I can't remember who sent it to me but it was on my old pc, I've searched everywhere but couldn't find it or anything similar. I have no problem downloading images, my problem is finding the original one and it seems it's not to be, thanks for your help though, it's much appreciated!

15. ChuckE

ChuckE

Do you still have access to that old PC?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086991

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice