1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Finding the installed hardware ratings

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Elviza, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Elviza

Elviza Thread Starter

Hi Y'all,

I know I inadvertently came across a window that showed me all my installed hardware and the individual ratings for each item, but I don't know how I did it. Please advise. I tried to Google it but hard to find as the search terms just gives me all sorts of product ratings (as in number of stars), I'm sure there is a more specific name for what I'm looking for but I don't know it off the top of my head. :eek:)

2. replay

replay

right click "my computer" then click on windows exp' index

3. Elviza

Elviza Thread Starter

Thank you so much- it was 'slightly' different for me, I right clicked 'Computer' then properties, then it opened a window where I found the link for the Experience Index- just so anyone else knows. Much appreciated! However, another question, how do I verify which brand of hard drive I have- it must be a Western Digital as I saw a WD followed by a bunch of other numbers and letters when we looked under 'disk drives' but because I had a friends WD external connected the first time I looked I initially thought it was that- ALMOST uninstalled my hard drive because I was on the phone with tech support since the external wasn't showing up elsewhere (I have a separate thread about that). Just want to reconfirm for myself what I do have to avoid future confusion as it was not listed in that index where the rating was. Thanks again!!

4. replay

replay

yeah...probably is a western digital ....here's how mine looks

Attached Files:

5. Elviza

Elviza Thread Starter

Yes, that's it exactly. Like I say, this tech was about to have me uninstall and I was like "Wait a sec, there is only one drive listed there" ..."Oh, well, then don't uninstall it" Yikes!! Just coincidence that we were troubleshooting a WD external so when I saw that I thought we'd found it but now I'm sure it is my internal. Thanks for the response!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice