1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox 8.0

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ShadowProwler420, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShadowProwler420

ShadowProwler420 Thread Starter

I recently upgraded my FF 7.0.1 (or whatever the most up-to-date version of 7 is/was) to 8.0 and am noticing an issue. The problem I am experiencing is that when I launch FF (regardless if its done via the start menu or the button pinned to my taskbar), it adds a separate taskbar button (a la previous versions of Windows) instead of how Windows 7 normally handles such things. In addition to this, it also does not reflect having multiple tabs/windows open on the taskbar button (the attached image shows how the button for IE(9) displays the different tabs I have open in it, as well as the vertical lines next to the button which represent the number of tabs/windows open; however, the Firefox button does not function in either way, but you can see in the image that I have 3 tabs open in the browser window).

Are these compatibility bugs between Windows 7 and Firefox (that the Mozilla devs need to address)? Or can they be fixed on my end?

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Rockn

Rockn

Look at the startup page settings and make sure there is not an extra entry in there.

3. ShadowProwler420

If you're talking about the homepage I have set, I only have one (the same one I had when I was still running Firefox 7, even).

4. ShadowProwler420

Anyone else have any ideas?

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

This isn't a bug with Firefox 8. Firefox has never displayed all open tabs in Aero Peek. That's a feature of Internet Explorer only.

6. ShadowProwler420

But everything was working fine with Firefox 7. No separate taskbar button and open tabs were displayed in Aero Peek.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I did another search and found this setting in about:config.

browser.taskbar.previews.enable = true

8. ShadowProwler420

Well, that solves part of the issues I was having. Thanks DoubleHelix!

Now to figure out the whole 'separate taskbar button' thing (which, i know isn't that big of an issue (more of an annoyance, really), but still.....it's just not working the way it's supposed to, is how I see it).

9. ShadowProwler420

Problem Solved!

Once I launched FF, I pinned the newly created baskbar button to the taskbar. Simple as that! :eek: (y)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026310

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice