1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox acting up?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chaos4001, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos4001

chaos4001 Thread Starter

Yeah. I woke up this morning and went to go log onto the web, using the one and only true browser. But it did something weird... it aske me if I wanted to set it as my default browser. It already was, so I told it yes. When I got into Firefox, it had reverted to its original theme, and I had to set it back to Noia Extreme. Even weirder, the little search bar at the top doesn't have ANY search engines installed in it. And my MouseGestures plugin still works, but it doesn't show the lines... (although I can fix that) and half of my bookmarks were gone.

Anyway, I seem to have a strange case of FF reverting to its original state. Any ideas on why it did that, and how to prevent it from happening again?

2. Augie65

Augie65

Sounds like your profile became corrupt. Check in your profile folder for a folder: bookmarksbackups. There should the backups with dates for your bookmarks.
    When you get everything like you want, you need to backup your profile incase this happens again.

3. chaos4001

chaos4001 Thread Starter

Well.. it isn't there. It's alright, it's not that big a deal.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485627

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice