1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox and desktop shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by robbbb, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. robbbb

robbbb Thread Starter

Hello
    I am using Firefox and really like it but the only way I know how to save a site to my desktop is to: right click them put save to desk top but then you get this folder for every sight. In IE it was just an icon after hitting "make shortcut to desktop"
    Is there an easier way with Firefox?
    Thanks

2. stantley

stantley

I usually just save them as bookmarks, but if you want to save them to your desktop have Firefox as a window (not maximized), go to the address bar, grab the small icon on the left side of the url and drag it to your desktop.

3. Augie65

Augie65

You can grab the icon in the address bar like stantley said, and drag it to the taskbar and hold it there and in a second the desktop will show. You can then drop it on the desktop where you want it. This works if you have the Firefox window maximized like I do.

4. stantley

stantley

That's pretty cool, I didn't know about the drag it to the taskbar trick. (y)

Thanks Augie, you seem to know all the Firefox tricks. :)

5. Augie65

Augie65

stantley
    You are welcome.:)
    I have been using Firefox since version .08. I am totally hooked on it and don't use IE except for updates.

6. hewee

hewee

Darn Augie65 I had missed the right click to save to desktop when netscape 7 came out and was saving to desktop like stantley said all these years and was doing the same in firefox and here your till us what was there all this time and I never knew it. I just did the same in both netscape 7.x and FF and it works great so Thanks. :)

7. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    I guess all the wasted time I spend on the computer comes in handy sometimes.:D

8. robbbb

robbbb Thread Starter

Wow! Thanks! Didn't know about either method.

9. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    You can mark this solved from the thread tools at the top of your post.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537659

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice