1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox & Flashgot

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raybro, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

I use Flashgot add-on with Firefox v7.0.1 for downloads using Free Download Manager. Seemingly at random intervals, when I first open the browser, a second tab will open to the Flashgot site thanking me for using Flashgot. Not a big deal, but I would just as soon not have to deal with it. Anyone got a clue how to stop it?

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

I don't like FlashGot redirecting the browser on its release notes page every time I upgrade it. Is there any way to prevent this? - http://flashgot.net/faq#qa4_4

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'm pretty sure that it only does that after an update has been installed. If you are as good as you want to be about updating, turn off the automatic updating settings and do them manually.

4. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

knucklehead's link gave me what I needed.(y) (y) Its in the Flashgot Options/Advanced tab. Uncheck the box for "Display the release not on update"

I'll mark this "Solved".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice