Solved: FireFox is dead. Blank.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gamerhomie

I've never come across this before. It just happened out of the blue. I open up FireFox and nothing happens. It shows me a blank screen. I try to access a page, not even a "document contains no data" kind of error. Nothing will load, and no website opens up. My firewall is letting it through 100%, I reinstalled it, cleared my cache, and IE is working perfectly. (Using it right now)

I have no idea. Anyone got a clue to whats going on?

What version are you using?

For a few days last week the nightlies would not open but they are OK from 7/7/05, just wondering if that's what you are using.

Also, check under the File menu that you have not got it set to 'Work Offline'.

Gamerhomie

greenfrog said:
how did you solve it??? we have the same problem
It was just a faulty extension. I deleted them one by one in Safe mode, and it worked after a reboot.

ahh thanks, got it working now - at last

fixed it by deleting the Mozilla folder in \Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online