1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox keeping me from finding love, LOL

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by verbalista, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

I signed up with Match.com and Firefox won't take my username and password, it doesn't show the field in which to type them. Internet Explorer works just fine to do that, but I don't want the added risk of using a so-often attacked browser.
    So, I tried turning off Adblock and in Options, I turned off the popup blocking, but I still can't see the sign-in boxes. I called Match.com and they told me to "contact Mozilla and have them put on your computer that Match.com is a safe site". I explained that my firewall is CA Security and that if it lets me go the Match.com with IE, it would also let me go there with Firefox.
    Can anyone help me figure out why Firefox won't work with this site?
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Shoshana

2. Augie65

Augie65

You don't have an extension that block JavaScript do you? In Tools> Content tab, make sure you have the boxes checked:
    Load images automatically
    Enable JavaScript
    Click the Exceptions button beside Load images and add the site URL and click Allow.
    Type about:config in the address bar of Firefox and go to the line:
    permissions.default.image
    make sure the value is 1, (right-click and select Reset if any other value is shown).
    You can run Firefox in safe mode to make sure that an extension isn't blocking it.
    Start> Mozilla Firefox> Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).

3. verbalista

verbalista Thread Starter

Thanks, Augie65, you're more capable than Cupid, LOL, I'm into the Match.com site now. I'm marking this thread "solved".

4. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice