Solved: Firefox Link ??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I can only see this Link in IE 6 .. Firefox is Blank ??
http://www.doo-wop.org/doowop_002.htm

Anybody know why .. Or how to fix it ???

A friend of mine is wanting to email this link to all the ’58 class members and he wants to make sure all can see it.
He’s also wanting to know if the dial-uppers can get it in a reasonable amount of time.

Have you tried using IeTab ? The page will only load using Microsoft Internet Explorer however, the background is visible with JavaScript disabled

Don't know for sure, but its possible it may have to do with FF security. Are you sure the site is a safe one?

I clicked the link using my FF browser and it, too, was blank. In the address bar was a grayed out "Search Bookmarks and History".

I Goggled doo-wop.org and found this link that, by its title, implies its a page from Wikipedia, a reputable online encyclopedia, but obviously is not. This makes me very leery of visiting anything related to doo-wop. Looks like a come-on to me. I think I'll run a malware scan now.

Raybro

EDIT: Also found this which may be helpful... Raybro

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I noticed that it had the security tightened up to prevent anyone from grabbing the images.
I'm wondering if this is what’s bothering FF.

The Class Prez likes to forward this nostalgia stuff to the class ...
But many of the recipients are not computer literate and who knows what they have installed.

He asked me if the Dial-uppers would have a problem .. And this is the first time I've ran into this problem.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!