1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox not opening?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by InfectioN, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

Is anyone else having problems with this?

I can click my icon 6 times but it still won't open today.

The IE works, but can't get firefox too. I didn't change anything. Just not working today all of the sudden. Right click and open does not work either.

2. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi
    As firefox leaves everything in just unitstall it and reinstall and make it your browser again.
    That will fix it
    Regards
    Rex

3. VAComputerSvcs

VAComputerSvcs

No, it doesn't.

Most likely, you stumbled across a javascript loop and it became a memory leak. Click Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode). This will let you access the browser in a safer environment. Then, click TOOLS > Clear Private Data > Clear Private Data Now.

Close it. Shutdown and reboot your computer.

4. rexgrant

rexgrant

Hi there
    (((YES IT DOSE))):p .When you remove firefox with add and remove It leaves all your personal files intact.So when you reinstall it you have not lost anything.But it seems as though you know different:D :eek: :D but your fix may also work,but what a long way round ,

All the best
    Rex

5. InfectioN

InfectioN Thread Starter

ok, thanks for the help

A. The safe mode didn't work. When i tried to run it, nothing happened, just as when i tried to open firefox.

B. Went to control panel to uninstall firefox. when i did, it told me that firefox was already running. So i cancelled out of the uninstall and check my task manager to see if it was running. Nothing there.

So i just simply tried to run firefox again and then it worked.

weird stuff. but the java thing may have something to do with it. The last thing i done was play virtualnes.com (which uses java)

just not sure how that was a factor and what causes it though

6. marty.warwick

marty.warwick

It may not have visible under 'Applications', but 'firefox.exe' was probably still running in Processes.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice