1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox "unencrypted connection" ??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by slg321, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slg321

slg321 Thread Starter

I continually get the message "The information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?" when I enter info on websites, including when I preview this post.

My cable internet support says this is not related to their connection or the cable modem, but is because I haven't set Firefox to encrypt outgoing information. But I have checked both SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 in Firefox.

Does anyone know what's going on with this encryption issue? Thanks!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    It means that web site you are visiting is not using encryption on their form page. Any data you submit on the form could be intercepted on its way to the web site. Firefox is warning you of that fact.

If wish, you can tell Firefox not to warn you of this in the future. The security tab in the options screen has a button for choosing which types of warnings you wish to receive.

3. slg321

slg321 Thread Starter

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it might be benign, but wanted to make sure since I'm new to Firefox and was working on a relative's computer. Have limited the warnings in Firefox to keep that from popping up continually.
    Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice