1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox wont load

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by lemuzz, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lemuzz

lemuzz Thread Starter

Hi I am a firefox user For the last couple of days I can't get it to load. I deleted Reminderfox about that time and installed Essential IPIM (Free Version) in its place. When I deleted ReminderFox I may have deleted parts of FF as well. I have since deleted and re-installed FF but this has not helped. Any ideas?

2. TheITMonkey

TheITMonkey

This probably messed up your firefox profile, which in turn could be why firefox will not load. Read through this link here to set up a new profile to see if that works.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-and-remove-firefox-profiles

Let us know how it goes ; )

EDIT : Just remembered, before you do that see if it firefox boots up with add-ons disabled, to do this start hold down the shift key while starting Firefox, and see if it runs if it does try disabling add-ons in safe mode then re-enable one at a time until you find the one that is causing the issue, then remove it.

3. lemuzz

lemuzz Thread Starter

Thanks IT. I did a FF reset according the link you sent Everything now appears to be working again.;)

4. TheITMonkey

TheITMonkey

No problem glad it helped ; )

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice