[Solved] Firefox won't Open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

I Fix 4 U

<Alert>
<Error launching browswer window: no XBL binding for browser>

how can i fix that. i have reinstalled firefox and it didnt work. now what do i do?

I Fix 4 U

before you posted i googled and read that article, there was no phoenix folder, i also have firefox 9.3 any other ideas?

From what I read about that particular error message, it happens when you download the "pinball" theme intended for the osx OS. If that's the case go into your themes folder in mozilla and just delete the pinball.jar file and it's supposed to be o.k. afterwards.

I Fix 4 U

yah oops i did just install pinball. didn't know it was for osx. well i'll go do what you said.

where is it? i can't find the themes folder or where to find the .jar file.

i did a search and found it. also had 2 modify the installed extensions file.
ty for help i solved it.

Yeah, I noticed that there was alot of people complaining about the "xbl binding error" in the reviews of the pinball theme and someone said that's what it was. I don't know how it could happen though as the theme simply downloaded and installed "windows update" style and didn't give me any options as to what OS I had installed. Anyway, I guess I got lucky cuz I got the right one and I think it's great mainly cuz I use desktop themes and didn't want the theme for the browser to override my desktop theme colors, which this one doesn't. If you see what I mean:

Attachments

I Fix 4 U

o well i can do w/out a theme, but i cant do w/out firefox. so i'm fine now ty.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online