1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Firefox Works in Safe Mode not in Normal Mode

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wangster, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wangster

wangster Thread Starter

i have mozilla firefox 3 and yesterday, i did a system restore because my computer was not working, you know, the usual viruses etc. system restore has made my computer normal again except for some problems.

first, a message popped up every time i logged into my account: "one of the libraries needed to run this application could not be found." i'm not sure what application it was referring to! mozilla firefox is not working, every time i open it, it says the connection is interrupted. internet explorer also does not work but msn does work, so i am connected to the internet. mozilla does work in safe mode though. i've turned firewalls off as well. also, my trend micro internet security doesn't work, i can't open it, so i removed it frm my pc and installed avg free 8.

please, i'm not that great with computers so any help will be REALLY APPRECIATED!:)

2. hewee

hewee

Reinstall the firefox add-ons because the trouble sounds like one of them can not load right. In safemode the add-ons don't load so your getting it to run OK.

3. wangster

wangster Thread Starter

thanks heaps for your help i will try that asap and let you know.

4. hewee

hewee

OK

Also backup your profile with MozBackup http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

You can then restore it. May not restore all the add-ons but should restore most of them.

5. wangster

wangster Thread Starter

thanks again, i am actually 13 and i have exams!!! so i am studying now but i will get back to my comp again soon and will try everything u've suggested.

6. wangster

wangster Thread Starter

thanks for your help i solved the problem. but it wasn't the addd-ons. after i uninstalled windows one-live family care or someting, internet suddenly worked!! appreciate your help though

7. hewee

hewee

Good to hear it is working and I guess it was more then Firefox as you found out.
    Good luck on your exams.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/764810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice