Solved: Firewall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JabberUK

Hi,
I am using RED HAT and want to know what the best firewall and antivirus apps are. Can anyone help?
Thanks
Simon

Hi JabberUK,

Goto this thread, and then visit the link to "HOWTO: Set a custom firewall (iptables) and Tips [Beginners edition]" iptables firewall thread at the Ubuntu forum. Install the scripts such that iptables is initialized when you boot up - i.e. the capability is inherent in the Linux kernel, but needs rules to initialize it to make it work.

Clam AV is free for download from its website.

I recommend also getting chkrootkit and rkhunter.

-- Tom

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online