1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Fitting CPU Fan

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deemac12, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deemac12

deemac12 Thread Starter

I'm rebuilding an old PC from bits and have found a problem I didn't know could exist.
    I fitted an Intel LGA1155 to an ASUS P8Z77-V LX m/b. I went to fit an INTEL cooler fan assy to the m/b and could not get the holes on the m/b to line up with he Intel fan probes.
    I found another, smaller, fan and had the same problem.

Surely this fitting is a standard and all m/b will support all sizes and specifications of Intel fans.

Or is it me?

I've built a dozen or so PC's and I know one has to wrestle with components sometimes, but this won't fit. Not no how!

Advice please
    Thank you

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    LGA1155 is the name of the socket on the motherboard. Look like you're trying to fit a cooler designed for a different Intel socket. If so I would have a look on Ebay for a compatible cooler for that particular socket/cpu combination.

3. deemac12

deemac12 Thread Starter

Yeah, that fixed it.
    Doh
    Thanks.

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You're welcome. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!