1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Flash Cards give memory card error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by junga, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. junga

junga Thread Starter

Hi ,
    Just wondering, is it my luck? that is the fourth flash memory SD card I try for first use and it gives me memory card error right after inserting it , I used to devices for reading: card reader in my HP officejet printer and Canonpowershot camera.
    Cards are:
    Patriot signature class 4 4gb
    Kingston class 4 8gb
    Kingstion micro sd with adapter
    last one today Transcend class 10 8gb
    I have a old kingston 2 Gb still working fine in the camera and in the HP printer.
    I tried all the recovery software I could find to try to format it but the cards are not recognized.
    I insert the cards unlocked for first use to format them at first but I can't reach this stage since I have memory card error right away.
    I don't know what to do, I find it ridiculous to continue buying cards that won't work.
    Any suggestions, ideas would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

3. junga

junga Thread Starter

Hi Thanks Isaac,
    Unfortuantely I tried to find a target with the first software, but could not find one when inserted in neither the printer nor the Canon, and this with all the 4 flash drives, the HP usb tool cannot find any drive either....

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

These softwares are meant to be run on your computer, with your sd cards inserted into the computer.

5. prunejuice

prunejuice

I'll just assume you don't have an SDHC capable card reader. That's why you're having a problem with higher capacity (>2GB) cards.

6. junga

junga Thread Starter

Of course, the sd cards were connected in the HP printer connected to the pc via usb. then the Canon also via usb to the computer. the software were intalled in that pc.

7. junga

junga Thread Starter

Hi Prunejuice,
    I believe you are spot on! I could never imagine that this could be the problem I was looking at the documentation of both the printer and the camera:
    Hp AIO officejet 6310
    Memory card specifications
    ● Maximum recommended number of files on a memory card: 1,000
    ● Maximum recommended individual file size: 12 megapixel maximum, 8 MB maximum
    ● Maximum recommended memory card size: 1 GB (solid state only)
    Note Approaching any of the recommended maximums on a memory card might cause
    the performance of the HP All-in-One to be slower than expected.
    Supported memory card types
    ● CompactFlash
    ● Memory Stick
    User Guide 149
    Technical information
    ● Memory Stick Duo
    ● Memory Stick Pro
    ● Secure Digital
    ● MultiMediaCard (MMC)
    ● xD-Picture Card
    Other memory cards, including Memory Stick Magic Gate Duo, Memory Stick Duo, and Secure
    Multimedia Card, are supported with the use of an adapter. See the instructions that came with
    your memory card for more information.

For the canon A620 :
    Memory / Storage
    Memory Card Slot SD card

Supported Memory Cards
    MultiMediaCard,
    SD Memory Card

I don't see SDHC anywhere and all 4 cards are SDHC! now it is time to buy a SDHC capable reader instead of trying yet another card.
    Many thanks

8. anniewilliam

anniewilliam

Compact Flash memory card is commonly used in digital cameras that enable user to save large number of images. But sometimes you might have faced a situation when you get error messages while accessing your digital pictures. In the above sitaution, you can use Photo Recovery Software and easily recover all your in-accessible digital images in its original file format even after CF Showing memory card parameter error message. This software is a best and easy solution to fix all the compact flash error messages.

For more information visit: http://www.jpeg-recovery.org/undelete-lost-pct-images-after-cf-showing-memory-card-parameter-error-message

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1096908

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice