1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Flash Drive Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icenectar, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icenectar

icenectar Thread Starter

This is a problem that just happened. This morning, when I went to plug in my flash drive to access some of my documents, it loaded then got stuck on the folder I was trying to open. I restarted the computer and now when I plug in my drive, it doesn't recognize it. My mom said it was doing the same thing to her drive yesterday. I can plug my drives into my Yamaha DVD player and it recognizes them, although most say device not supported (with the exception of my media drive), so I know my drives haven't suddenly gone bad.

Does anyone know what could have happened? I'm running XP Service Pack 2 on an HP a1012x and all my flash drives are SanDisk with variable gigabyte sizes (ranging from 2GB to 16GB).

2. icenectar

icenectar Thread Starter

Fixed it. Read an article where it suggested to turn off then unplug the power cord. Then I went in and unplugged the cables from the motherboard and plugged them back in again. I can access my flash drives again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice