Solved: Flash Header Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrtechnique

I'm working on a Flash header for one of my clents. The site is www.chrishelton.com. You'll see that the header takes a long time to load. The reason for this is because of the images in the header. How can make the header load quicker? Take a look at www.kwtrianglehomes.com. They have many images fading in and out, but there is no load time. Thanks for the help.

It only takes 1-2 seconds for me. You also have more than just images, there is a menu there.

mrtechnique

Hmmmm...Some people with DSL connections have said that it took somewhere around 10 seconds to load the header.

I just did a speed test and my current speed is 8.11 Mbps and that page loaded in less than 1 second.

MMJ

Although it it quick I do get a loading time on one but not the other.

MMJ

The first link takes around 5 seconds to load while the second link has no loading time.

The first (home) is Flash and the rest are html.

New Point: It could be your host that is slow.

MMJ

If my host is slow or not that is not the point.

The point is that one does take longer to load than the other. ;)

MMJ said:
If my host is slow or not that is not the point.

The point is that one does take longer to load than the other. ;)
Well I was stating a new point. ;) Would you like me to clarify? (look at the post :rolleyes: :p )

mrtechnique

I just want to know how can I get the file size of the SWF file down. Right now the header is at 160 KB and that is after I took off the rotating photos. There's only one photo on the header now. There's gotta be a way to get the file size down. Please look at www.kwtrianglehomes.com and see how there slideshow quickly loads.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online