1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: flash player info.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jdemnyan1116, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116 Thread Starter

When you download flashplayer, does it also go to your firefox and internet explorer files. In other words, does it install automatically the plug ins or do you have to download the plug ins seperately? Also, how do you find out what version of flashplayer plugins does work on Internet Explorer. I can find it in firefox but not in IE.

2. jdemnyan1116

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The current version for Adobe Flash Player(activeX and plugin) is 11.4.402.278.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer/

If you check the "Manage add-ons" section in IE and Firefox, you can determine if they're present.

--------------------------------------------------------

4. jdemnyan1116

I can find the one in firefox, but the IE one has no version next to it telling you what kind. Also now something else has happened, downloaded latest version as told, but it will not open to install it. All I get is a quick circle icon moving but not opening the program, just sits there. Have shut off Firewall just in case but no difference. Shut off firewall while downloading and no difference. Will not open.

5. TOGG

TOGG

6. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

The new version always installs over the old version just fine for me. (y)

And the activex/plugin is always present in both browsers. (y)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1069385