1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Flash player installs then disappears....

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by hruiz14, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hruiz14

hruiz14 Thread Starter

I try to watch video online sometimes and on some sites i get a message telling me i need the latest Flash Player. So i go to Adobe's website and go through the install. Install completes and shows that little animation showing that it installed. Then i go back to the site and its gives me the same message that I need to have the latest flash player. I've gone through that install around 10 times now. Anyone know why it does this? How can i get it to work? Thanks.

2. smbd

smbd

I have the pretty same problem.
    I even could play flash games given on adobe's homepage.

However could watch video,

But flash player works fine for any other files...
    couldn't solve that...

are running Vista?

and does anyone got any idea what the buck is that?

3. hruiz14

hruiz14 Thread Starter

I'm on XP on this comp. Its just really weird to me that this happens. I can't figure it out.

4. TOGG

TOGG

If you search 'flash player problem' here, you will find several threads because this seems to be a very common problem.

Sometimes running the uninstaller from the Adobe site and d/l a new version of the player seems to work, sometimes it doesn't.

5. hruiz14

hruiz14 Thread Starter

I just used the uninstaller from their site and re-installed and now it works. Thanks. Didin't even think of doing that.

6. TOGG

TOGG

Good! Glad to know it worked for you because some others don't seem to have been so fortunate.

7. smbd

smbd

could you, please, link me...

i can't find it

8. TOGG

TOGG

9. smbd

smbd

10. TOGG

TOGG

That's the one for the non-Active X browsers (Mozilla, Netscape, Opera etc.) If you still use IE, you will need this one; http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/static/styx/English.html

It seems that you need to stay online while this installs itself into IE (you don't get an .exe file to doubleclick on as you do with the non Active X version).

11. smbd

smbd

thank you togg,
    once again

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694251