1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Flash Player Problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by *SNAFU, Nov 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

The following message appears on occasion: "You need the latest version of Adobe Flash Player to view this video. Click here to download.
    You see this message either because your Flash Player is outdated or because you disabled JavaScript in your browser."
    In checking, I do have the latest version of AFP and JavaScript is enabled yet the message continues to appear on the larger (longer) videos although on the smaller (shorter) ones I have no problem. How can I get this to function right on all? I'm on IE7 Thanks.

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

First upgrade to IE 8. Then go into Add/Remove programs and uninstall any/all versions of Java and Adobe. Then reinstall the latest versions of both and see how it goes.

3. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Thanks for your response Mark. Tried what you suggested but it didn't help to solve the problem. Any other suggestions I hope?

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

Sorry, but I have nothing else to suggest, other helpers may do though.

5. tryagainandagain

tryagainandagain

I went to the tech specification page since I keep getting the message I must upgrad to version 10 (I have version 11.something). It says you/I have to have a 2.33 processor. I was surprised when I looked and found I only have a 2.13 processor, which is in fact slower than my 2004 Dell (this is a 2010 inspiron). I'd downgrade to 10, but the reason I upgraded to 11 was because I had 10 and it wasn't working (same upgrade message, can't recall it saying to upgrade to 10, though, can't recall that exact message now.)
    Please let me know if you find a solution.

6. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

So far, I haven't gotten much response to the problem, much to my disappointment. I have a 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 processor also the latest 11.1.102.55 Adobe Flash Player and still can't get around the problem. Sure hope someone can come through with a solution to the problem soon though. Thanks.

7. tryagainandagain

tryagainandagain

I found the solution, at least on my computer. I turned off Active X filtering (under "tools") and then closed all the IE tabs, brought IE back up again, and it works! Let me know if it works for you. BTW, the Tech Support Guy did not email me that you'd answered my post, luckily I had the thread bookmarked.

8. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Removed malware, appears the problem is resolved. Thanks to you both who responded.

9. Mark1956

Mark1956

Who would have thought Malware could cause that problem.

Well done for sorting it out.

Tryagainandagain, somewhere in your Profile there will be a small box to check that makes the site send you an email whenever there is a reply added to any threads you have posted in, if it isn't checked you won't hear a thing.

10. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

11. Mark1956

Mark1956

Only time will tell, but Malware can do some strange things.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice