1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: flash plugin issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sovieted, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

i been having this issue for 3 months, and no one has been able to help me at all.
    http://img412.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srslywtfge2.jpg
    http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=moreinfoerroriy0.jpg
    http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=errormsgjw6.jpg

internet explorer is version 6.0.2900.xpsp.080413-2111
    rolled back from 7.
    i assume internet explorer is used with steam (im also having this issue with ea download manager)
    i do have the latest version of flash, and flash isnt working on steam on any other page either (when i click on action etc etc. to change the menus)

i tried all different ways to fix this, mostly trying to install/uninstall flash, ea download manager, and i cant seem to get this to work.

im guessing when i say this. but i think the issue is explorer telling the other programs that flash is installed.
    flash works on explorer, mozilla, google chrome, etc, but not on any outside program.

i got no idea what to do, and its starting to get extremely irritating.

im trying to give u as much information as possible, cause i cant figure this out for the life of me.

Attached Files:

2. hewee

hewee

3. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

i followed your instructions and im still getting the same issues.
    i uninstalled them all, the reinstalled them all through the method u showed.

4. hewee

hewee

Don't know what the trouble is.

What do you mean by this?
    What do you mean by outside program?
    If you talking about saying a flash then they should open and play in your browsers.
    Or you can get a program like SWF Opener that I use to play flash I save.
    Now it needs the IE flash install to work.
    Also some flash your see only is a flv file and it will not play them.

5. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

if i open up mozilla, google chrome, or IE to browse the internet, everything works fine.

here is a prime example.

http://store.steampowered.com/
    i go there on Mozilla, IE, or Google chrome, and i can do everything just fine, everything shows up good, all the flash works.

now i open a PROGRAM, like "steam" or "ea download manager" and those do not work with flash.

did i make it clear, if u need more information.
    the pictures in my original post show what im talking about, it works in IE, and Mozilla, but it shows steam off to the left, and it says i need flash.

(heading to sleep, i work early in the morning, ill check back in a few hours)

Attached Files:

6. hewee

hewee

OK I see the same thing going there. And it says... "You will need to Install the latest Flash plugin to view this page properly."
    But I got NoScript that is blocking the java script. If I tell NoScript to give store.steampowered.com rights I then see a place holder that I can click on and then it loads the flash.

So do you have any ad or flash blocking programs?
    Firewall or other Anti-Malware programs that block the java script?

Here is 3 screen shots. The "No-JavaScript" is the page I see first and then after telling NoScript that it can run Java Script I see the "NoScript-Placeholder" and your see a placeholder box for each flash on the page. Then I just click on the placeholder and it loads the flash you see in "flash".

Attached Files:

7. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

lets see.
    i use antivir. (http://www.free-av.de/en/index.html)
    windows firewall.
    i run through a router that has a fire wall.

i have nothing blocking flash that im aware of, i dont quite understand why it would block a javascript on a stand alone program, but not in IE.
    is there anything i can send you to maybe give you more information?

(if i try to navagate away from the origional page, and look under something specific in steam (NOT ie or mozilla, the actual steam program, ill get this msg that is pictured below)

Attached Files:

8. hewee

hewee

OK lets see if it is any add-ons to firefox.
    Go to start, programs, Mozilla Firefox, Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode) and click on it.
    Do not check any of the boxes you see but just start in safe mode.
    Your now be running firefox without the add-ons.
    Go to a site and see if the flash works. If it does work then one of your add-ons is the trouble.
    List what add-ons you have.

9. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

no, flash is working in mozilla, and it is also working in IE, and in google chrome.

its hard to explain, its like a 3rd party program, that uses flash to display stuff.
    http://storefront.steampowered.com/download/SteamInstall.msi
    that is a direct link to the download of the program i am useing,that flash isnt working in. also this program.
    http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/f/eaonline/eadm/eadm-installer.exe

flash works in my explorers but not in those program, but i did as you asked in case, and flash is working. with the method you described.

10. hewee

hewee

I don't know anything about the 3rd party program.
    Steam says...
    System Requirements

* Windows 2000, XP or Vista
    * 64 MB RAM
    * 400 Mhz processor
    * 1GB HD space (recommended)
    * Internet connection (broadband recommended)

You look at there Support and Forums?

So your flash itself all works the way it should so is OK but it's the 3rd party program that play flash that don't work.
    You sure they don't need other things installed?
    You got flash but maybe they want shockwave installed.

Read the Support and checkout the Troubleshooting Network Connectivity

11. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

12. hewee

hewee

Darn old post too and only one reply to uninstall it and reinstall.
    But maybe you should try it. But if you got XP install it from the Admin account to see if that helps.

13. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

i tried everything suggested, i would send u the EA conversation, but that company has its head so far up its ***, it deleted most of my questions, and wont allow me to link to the "responses" they sent me. which had nothing to do with my problem, like they never even read what i said.

14. hewee

hewee

Well guess they only care if you purchased a game to run on the free program that you can not get to work they they will not help you out on.

15. sovieted

sovieted Thread Starter

i actually purchased spore on their ea download manager, and they never gave me any type of help at all, i asked for a refund they refused.
    this isnt the first time this has happened with ea, i guess its my own fault for buying from them again.
    btw, they got my money, and i never got the game i bought, i ended up selling the account to a friend for 20$ after i paid 52$ for the game.

is it against the rules to post this under games, like link a post under games to this one?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757138

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice