Solved: FlashPlayer and XP home quirk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HeadHunter12

I run Windows XP Home with two users, me and my wife. Yestrday I wanted to create some order in my Internet Explorer Favorites, so I opened the folder Favorite with Windows Explorer and created new folders and transferred links between folders. Net result none of the links to YouTube work anymore. I get the message “Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player”. I did all the recommended things like reinstall FlashPlayer, Java, Adobe, check the settings on Tools, disable Norton etc… No joy!
However when I log out on XP and log back in as my wife and then go to that same “Favorites” folder containing the YouTube links that won’t open and click on them… Bingo they open and I can see the video’s
What does my wife have in the eyes of FlashPlayer that I do not have?

HeadHunter12, Many times deleting your Temporary Internet Files including all offline content will correct that problem.

Tufenuf

HeadHunter12, Glad to see that the problem is corrected. You could mark this thread as Solved using the Thread Tools at the top of your first post.

Tufenuf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online