1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Flashplayer wont work

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by natashap, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

Can anyone help me? I've been trying for days to get the above to work, but to no avail. I am trying to load a website that needs the above in order for me to access a page. It is not working. I have contacted the support for the internet i am using and they told me that it may be my flashplayer...............:mad:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you by chance using a 64 bit OS and the 64 bit IE version?
    If so, try visiting the same site, using the 32 bit IE that come with your 64 bit OS.

3. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

How do i know? Sorry, but basics is really all i know! Im trying to load a page, which i can login to with no problems. Then when i click on the play now tab, it opens the next page but nothing load on it. Been told by contact support on web page that it may be that my flashplayer does not work......(n)

4. TOGG

TOGG

There may be more than one thing involved with your problem but it would probably be a good idea to start by checking your current version of Flash. Go here; http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html and see what result you get (if you use any other browser(s) than Internet Explorer, run the test with it/them as well).

If your version isn't 10,0,45,2, you will need to uninstall the old versions and get the newest one, the instructions are on the test page and I can guide you through the process if you are unsure.

If you already have the latest version it may be that your browser settings need adjusting or that you have some other software preventing Flash from working properly. If that is the case it could be tricky to establish the culprit. For example, I believe that some toolbars or popup blockers can interfere with things like Flash, as does the NoScript addon for Firefox (although that's going to be pretty obvious if it is the cause!).

5. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

I have checked and i have Version, 10.0.45.2. This is driving me crazy!! I am using Internet Explorer. Any ideas anyone????

6. IMiteBable2help

IMiteBable2help

Maybe this will help. I've fixed similar issues on many computers. If you have a version of flash installed, even if you "uninstall" it using the usual methods, sometimes, stuff get's left in your registry and you cannot properly install a newer version. Multiple user accounts with different rights complicates matters.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Keep in mind you should have all browsers closed while performing an uninstall. This is a common issue with flash player. You must make sure that all traces of the old version are removed from your computer and registry.

Once you are sure your old version is removed, all your browsers are up to date, you must install flash player for EACH of your browsers. In other words, if you install it using firefox, IE on your system still won't have it. furthermore, just because your currently logged in user can install it, it doesn't mean it will be installed for all users necessarily.

Also, it's quite common for the installer from adobe.com to NOT WORK or even be detected as malicious software by your antivirus or other security software. Been through it many times. Try installing it using the installer from here AFTER you are sure the old version is completely removed:

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-...Name=platform=Windows&filter=platform=Windows

There is the rare occasion that even under administrative rights, you (or any installers/uninstallers you run while logged in as the current user) might not have permissions to change certain registry keys. That's a bit more involved to fix, than I can go into here in one reply.

7. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

Ok................

Have uninstalled all and i now reinstalling...............

Fingers Crossed - all should be ok......

8. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

It hasn't worked. I've spent days trying to resolve this. How difficult can it be to get online and play a game????

9. natashap

natashap Thread Starter

Yipeeeeeeeee!!

All ok, now. Shut down system and just like magic it works!!

Thanks for all your help x

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919359

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice