1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Floppy Disc Inquiry

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by great_dame, Apr 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. great_dame

great_dame Thread Starter

I have a digital camera that only accepts floppy discs and a woman at school recently warned me about using discs with the metal slide. She claimed the black, plastic kind would jam a lot less frequently in the camera, as "It costs about as much to fix that as it does to buy the camera".

Can any experienced digital photographers confirm this? Also - would it be terrible if I just removed the metal part of a floppy and used it, without?

2. Arky

Arky

You have been given an opinion that has no foundation in fact. If you try hard enough you can break your camera with either disk type, but it would take some effort to accomplish. Of course, I am assuming that you will not attempt to use a disk with a damaged cover slide.

3. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

I have a buddy with a Sony Mavica which uses floppy disks, and we have used this thing for the last 6 years in all kind of conditions and we have never had a floppy malfunction - we have had a few bad floppies but none ever came close to messing up the camera. and it's still going strong!

4. great_dame

great_dame Thread Starter

Thank you for the information. I appreciate having more than one person to consult with. I don't think I'll hesitate to use the discs, and will just be sure to care for them properly.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/357872

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice