1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: FMNOT.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by suppdave, Jan 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. suppdave

suppdave Thread Starter

When computer starts up, after I close out Kodak Software Updater, FMNOT.exe error comes up.Says FMNOT caysed General Protection Fault in module FMNOT.exe at 0005:2777. choose close and FMNOT will close. How do I remove this????

2. surferdude2

surferdude2

My favorite way would be to disable the Kodak Software Updater from running at startup.

3. suppdave

suppdave Thread Starter

Still haven't figured out how to do that one yet. I started this morning by removing the dreaded OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6, now trying to eliminate the other two BUGS????

4. suppdave

suppdave Thread Starter

Any and ALL HELP will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!! Just had this computer given to me for free...

5. surferdude2

surferdude2

Click on Start > Run > type msconfig in the "Open" field and click OK. Click the "Startup" tab and look for Kodak. When/if found, untag the box and click Apply. Exit and reboot. At reboot, when you get the modified startup message, tag the box that says "Don't show this message again."

6. suppdave

suppdave Thread Starter

Finally!! Thanks SurferDude2, that took care of my Kodak problem but still have FMNOT error. As you can see system takes a long time to run after rebooting...

7. surferdude2

surferdude2

The fmnot.exe error is likely associated with some greeting card software that is trying to start. Look for any evidence of that in msconfig.

It could even be that some greeting software was improperly installed and would have to be reinstalled to get rid of this error.

Do be careful how you troubleshoot. If you don't have the original install disks and registration information for this "freebie" you don't want to render it unbootable and have no way of fixing it.

8. suppdave

suppdave Thread Starter

Understood!! Thank You SO MUCH for your help, You_Are_The_Man!!!! I will search for that now. System is already running faster after the last REboot... Thanks Again.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice