Solved: FMNOT.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

suppdave

When computer starts up, after I close out Kodak Software Updater, FMNOT.exe error comes up.Says FMNOT caysed General Protection Fault in module FMNOT.exe at 0005:2777. choose close and FMNOT will close. How do I remove this????

suppdave

Still haven't figured out how to do that one yet. I started this morning by removing the dreaded OUTLOOK EXPRESS 6, now trying to eliminate the other two BUGS????

suppdave

Any and ALL HELP will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!!! Just had this computer given to me for free...

Click on Start > Run > type msconfig in the "Open" field and click OK. Click the "Startup" tab and look for Kodak. When/if found, untag the box and click Apply. Exit and reboot. At reboot, when you get the modified startup message, tag the box that says "Don't show this message again."

suppdave

Finally!! Thanks SurferDude2, that took care of my Kodak problem but still have FMNOT error. As you can see system takes a long time to run after rebooting...

The fmnot.exe error is likely associated with some greeting card software that is trying to start. Look for any evidence of that in msconfig.

It could even be that some greeting software was improperly installed and would have to be reinstalled to get rid of this error.

Do be careful how you troubleshoot. If you don't have the original install disks and registration information for this "freebie" you don't want to render it unbootable and have no way of fixing it.

suppdave

Understood!! Thank You SO MUCH for your help, You_Are_The_Man!!!! I will search for that now. System is already running faster after the last REboot... Thanks Again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online