1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Folder Options

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by raybro, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

I want to be able to open the ProgramData folder in File Explorer and it is not displayed at all. I went to Folder Options and unchecked "Hide protected operating system files (recommended)". It will not stay that way. If I open Folder Options again, it is re-checked.

Any thoughts/ideas.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

you do not need to have the folder options - hide protected operating system files - unchecked
    Check - show hidden files and folders
    click apply
    click 0K

HOWEVER the problem you have MAY be indicative of the fact that you cannot - show hidden files and folders either.

3. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Neglected to say that was already checked.

4. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Found it in File Explorer/View/Navigation Pane/Show All Folders.

Attached Files:

5. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

Maybe I'm seeing things, but the display of the ProgramData folder alluded to in the previous post is no longer there. :confused:

I'm wondering if there is a relationship with the settings for indexing implemented for the SSD (turned off). I'll install the original HDD and see if its the same.

6. raybro

raybro Thread Starter

I have it sorted out now... One must check the box "Hidden Items" as shown in the attached screen shot.

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!