1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Folder options

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by japus, Oct 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japus

japus Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jimmy
    I would like to be able to open a folder in the same manner that I closed it
    example
    The picture folder in my library is minimized with a narrow pane for images when I open it now.
    I maximize the folder, drag the line to the right and all images are viewed on the screen.
    After working in that folder I close it down. The next time it's opened I need to go through the same procedure / maximize and drag the line to the right again.
    This is happening to each folder I open..
    I've tried to find an option in folders/control panel...I really don't want to make a change I'm not sure of...
    What I basically want to do is open a folder in the same setup as previously worked on.
    Thanks.

2. japus

japus Thread Starter

First Name:
    Jimmy
    The solution was in the preview icon located on the upper right side of the window.
    I hid the preview pane and it brought back my choice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135871

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice