Solved: Folder Views Constantly Changing In Microsoft Windows Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blujein

G'day,

For some reason, all of my set folder views keep changing in Microsoft Windows Vista. I keep having to set them the way I like them multiple times a day, but when I open the folder again, they've reverted to another view all together.

Is anyone able to tell me of a way to stop Microsoft Windows Vista from doing this?

Hi there,

Open 'Explorer', set the icons etc exactly how you want them...next...

Press 'Alt' in Explorer, top left, tool bar options will appear. Click on 'Tools', 'Folder Options', middle tab 'View', then top left click 'Apply to Folders'.

It should then apply the current view to all of your Explorer folders and sub folders, shouldn't have any more problems. If you do, re-post here :)

Thanks, Danny

blujein

So far so good - that appears to have worked!

Thank you so much for your help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online