Solved: Folders no longer show rows and columns of icons/thumbnails.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

boydphoto

First Name
boyd
for some reason, this afternoon they began showing only ONE column, on the left side of the folder. the remainder of the folder is blank. see attached screen shot.
thanks for helping, boyd.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II P340 Dual-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2810 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 288256 MB, Free - 112291 MB; D: Total - 16683 MB, Free - 2407 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 89 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1444
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

Attachments

TerryNet

First Name
Terry
Thanks for the screen shot; makes it very clear what you are describing. :)

If you select a file it will preview it in the Preview pane (maybe not all types of files). If you'd like the Preview pane smaller and the main area larger drag the divider to the right. If you don't want the Preview pane at all get rid of it (Organize - Layout - remove check from Preview pane).

boydphoto

First Name
boyd
hi, terrynet. thanks for the quick reply. after i posted the problem here i decided to try system restore and it worked.
i'm saving your fix, though. i appreciate all that you guys do for folks like me.
boyd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online