Solved: folders not sure about

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
No, tracking cookies are different.

Active X is a component that allows executable programs to be launched when you visit a website. For example a Macromedia Flash plugin -- or the Windows update checker.

They can be malicious so you need to know what you are really accepting when you allow an install of these from a particular website.

Permissions are set in Internet Options > Security. You should be prompted if you have the default security permissions enabled.

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=define:+activex&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

gmcsierra99

Banned
i havent had this computer on the internet yet, i got this computer from a family member, they didnt have the computer on the internet either, they already had a computer. soo the people before them were using this computer on the internet. im just going to scroll through there and see what's in there. anything like microsoft or whatever im going to leave alone.

gmcsierra99

Banned
im just going to list the things i have in there, and could you tell me if these are needed? thanks.

Compaq System Data Class
DwnldGroupMgr Class
McAfee.com Operation System Class
QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class
QuickTime Object
Shockwave ActiveX Control
Shockwave Flash Object
Smi Class
Update Class

Actually you might as well delete them all. That way you will be prompted for updated controls once you go on the web with them and access sites that use them.

Some of the older ones may have had security vulnerabilities that have been fixed -- such as Macromedia (Shockwave) and Quicktime.

gmcsierra99

Banned
oo ok will do that, thanks Rog for your help, im done asking questions about this, i will mark this thread solved. thanks again. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online