1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Folding mark on A4 paper for correspondence using Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dougglos, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Is there any way that I can insert a permanent mark on the left hand side of my Word personal correspondence template, so that I can fold an A4 page into DL110 envelopes correctly? In other words, each time I want to fold letters into three, I can't always get it equally folded, so would like to set a mark (hyphen, etc.) one third down the page on the extreme left of the template, as a guide. I have tried putting one in, but it moves down as I start a new line in my letters. Hoping I have explained this properly!! Thanks.

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    I'm not sure but I would think of a macro that would run before print that place an underscore or a dash on the left side of the page at that particular position.

3. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Thanks, Hans - not au fait with macros, but will look in Google to see if it can help me. Best regards, Doug.

4. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    I'll try and see if I can find something and let you know too

5. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Macro is no issue.
    I tried something and you ccould try it too.
    See attached file, it's blank except for a - about 10 rows down.
    This marker is placed in the header and if you set the header to be shown only in the first page, you will have your folding mark
    Hope this helps solve your issue :)

Attached Files:

6. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    Have now got to the "page with mark" that you attached, but I cannot see how to set the mark lower on the page, as I need to divide the page into three parts to fit the envelopes. If I fold the pages as the mark is set this does not happen. Any thoughts please?

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Like I mentioned, it's placed in the document header section. (double click i the topmost part of the document to open the header and footer section)
    Open the document header and then press delete to move the park up or enter to move it down.
    Which version of Word are you using?

8. dougglos

dougglos Thread Starter

First Name:
    Douglas
    All done now! I had to run the recommended converter program, as I am still on Word 2003, but once that was done I managed to produce a template for my letters showing the mark on the left-hand side of the page. I have run off a few and will use them whenever I produce letters via my word processing program. So many thanks for your help (and patience!!). I will marked this thread as "Solved " shortly. Best regards.

9. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Good work. Glad to have been of assistance :)

10. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Too late maybe but try looking at WATERMARK.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice