Solved: followed System Restore opens to a blank window guide what now?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

butterFingers

This could be the wrong place to post this plea for help and if so I apologise. Where do I begin, having come to the end of a trail Kaspersky trial of 30 days I uninstalled it, everything seemed fine, I proceeded to install the following freeware software in it’s place AVG free and after Comodo firewall+ my laptop became sluggish and unresponsive. At this time system restore was working, I foolishly restored to a restore point before Kaspersky came to the end of it’s 30 day trial,
My laptop USB mouse doesn’t work but the onboard one does, for some reason I cant connect to the internet. I’ve attempted to restore in both safe mode and from command promt but every time a box appears titled system restore but it’s blank, I may have some how deleted system restore! Having spent a night searching the internet for answers I came across your web site and this guide (Tips fixes & FAQs) and in more pacifically (System Restore opens to a blank window?) I followed the instructions Go to Start -> Run and type or paste each of the following commands, one at a time while pressing enter after each one.

regsvr32 jscript a box came up RegSvr32: DIIRegisterServer in script succeeded
regsvr32 vbscript a box came up RegSvr32: DIIRegisterServer in vbscript succeeded
All seemed to go well until I typed regsvr32 /i mshtml I was met with the box

RegSvr32
mshtml was loaded, but the DIIRegisterServer entry point was not found.
Mshtml does not appear to be a .DLL or .OCX file.

Where do I go from here? Do I follow the steps outlined: The System Restore window relies on Internet Explorer (IE) to display correctly. It may be necessary to reinstall or repair IE to repair the blank window. I am at a loss :confused: any help would be greatly appreciated

butterFingers

Thanks!! Dufenuf (y) Man you saved my bacon typed Regsvr32 jscript.dll worked a treat this Windows Regsvr32 stuff goes right over my head.

butterFingers, Glad to see that the problem is solved and Thanks for posting back to let us know. You could mark this thread as solved using the Mark Solved button at the top left of your original post.

Tufenuf

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online