1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Font changes when cutting and pasting from one doc to another.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by orianna, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orianna

orianna Thread Starter

Hello,

Although both documents are in the same font style, when cutting and pasting from one to the other, the pasted item appears in a different font style which of course has to be corrected. For example, all of my documents are in Arial 11 pt, but when cutting words and transferring to another open document set up with the same font, the words pasted appear in Times New Roman, 10 pt.

Does anyone know why this is happening and how to change it? As far as I know, my default is set up as Arial 11 pt.

Thanks

2. melonhead

melonhead

It sounds like it is trying to autoformat. I hate it when Word seems to have a mind of its own.

Type in shift +F1 to reveal the formatting and see if that may be your culprit.

3. m-dash

m-dash

You can always use the option to Paste Special > Unformatted Text, which will allow the pasted text to blend in with the text surrounding it when it's pasted -- whether you are copying and pasting between differently formatted documents or (supposedly) identical-format documents.

I've assigned this command to the shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+V, and it has saved lots and lots of time.

M-dash

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324585

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice