1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Force IE7 to keep cookies?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by teraside, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. teraside

teraside Thread Starter

HI there, I'm having some issues with IE7, I'm a member on another VB forum and IE7 logs me out about 5- 20 minutes later, it differs. It's getting a bit irritating,.

Basically I'm browsing and them wham bham I'm logged out.

I think it's a cookie issue, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
    teraside ;) :p

2. teraside

teraside Thread Starter

I've got ZoneAlarm firewall running and I added the site that logged me out to the site list, seems to have done the trick, I set the cookies to be allowed and no cookies to be blocked ;) Thanks all who viewed. 100% of my browsing frustration comes from Zone Alarm it seems.

3. teraside

teraside Thread Starter

Hi again! Sorry to be a bother, I thought I had this figured out, but alas!

I'm currently on a pc with Vista and IE7 and it still does the same thing, ZoneAlarm is not installed. Does anyone know how to configure a cookie to stay permanent?

Thanks guys!

4. teraside

teraside Thread Starter

I still haven't got a solution for this problem, it seems like this problem is only occurring on certain sites, google gives me nothing, some help or a guide in a direction would help so much!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice