Solved: Forgot Hotmail password

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sharon419

I bought a new computer because my old one hard drive went out. My Free hotmail account password was saved into my old computer, and I have forgotten my password.
I have had the hotmail account for about 10 years, and I believe at the time I setup for the free account there was no Passport network to enter an alternate address or secret question.
Is there anyway to update and edit my free hotmail account by sending my Hotmail password to my now alternate Email address OR Is there another way I can retrieve my password to open my hotmail account?. I have written to MSN tech support and they keep sending me the wrong duplicate info, about how to reset my hotmail password, But the information goes to my hotmail account "Which I cannot Open to get the information, because I forgot my password" OR they tell me to provide my billing information.
"It's a Free Account"..
I am operating Windows XP and using DSL through SBC.
Can someone Please Help me????

*-waves his magic wand and its fixed-*

seriously though if you don't remember your password for hotmail the only ones who can help you is MSN. Either that or just make a new account.

Sharon419

After many days and hours of determination to figure this out, because I did NOT want to make a new account. I finally contacted the correct MSN tech that understood what I needed. The phone # is as follows: (866) 672-4551 (Billing account).
I gave her some basic info about my account for verification, and she gave me a new password to use to finally get into my free hotmail account, Then I went in and reset the password.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online