1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Form Fields in MS Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ronyace, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ronyace

ronyace Thread Starter

I am trying to fill in a weekly dates using a form field start date.
    It is setup as such:

Start Date: ________ (user enters date here in format ddMMMYY)
    This is setup as a Text form field, set to date, with calculate on exit checked and bookmark as DateField.

Later in the document, I have a weekly calendar that I want to fill in the dates for Mon - Fri based on Monday as the start date from above.
    I have been using the insert>Quick Parts>Field but cannot figure out the calculations even after multiple guides and searches.
    I am able to reference the bookmark and repeat the date for Monday, but cannot figure out how to set Tue-Fri dates.

Please give me the exact code to put in if possible.
    I could figure it out using VBA but want to do this without macros if possible.

Thanks

2. ronyace

ronyace Thread Starter

I decided to use an Excel sheet instead.
    It was much easier tying the code to form controls and cells.

I will close this case.

3. mariyatim

mariyatim

First of all, Thanks for informative post its really very useful. I also appreciate it and work with excel sheet will be amazing.

4. mariyatim

mariyatim

Today's People is demanding Online accounting application more than more. What is eject process of this application and how to use it . Plz reply and give me a perfect way to work with it.

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What are you talking about and why are you hijacking someone else's thread?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1137662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice