1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Format Drive Need

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Diephaus, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Diephaus

Diephaus Thread Starter

I started to get a Windows-like message pop-up saying my 500gb MyBook drive needs to be formattted. I use Symantec Norton Virus. What is the cause? EdD.

2. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

Did this happen before you installed norton?

3. Diephaus

Diephaus Thread Starter

Thnaks for the come-back.....
    Norton has been on this Dell since purchased. It is updated constantly using :LiveUpdate". It runs automatically every day on some file folders and all when I start it Monthly.
    If a virus is doing it, Norton does not find it.
    Any further ideas?
    Ed D

4. Antiapplekid

Antiapplekid

I would try using AVG Just to test it out it's free here is the link im guessing it might be spyware or malware and AVG will scan for that to I would boot to safe mode to scan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice